What You Need To Know About The Coronavirus
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. The current outbreak of COVID-19 is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization on March 11, 2020.
Pure Recovery continues to work closely with federal and state authorities, health officials and other key constituencies to make testing available to our clients in this public health crisis.
Pure Recovery CA has employed two COVID-19 testing types.
1) Nasopharyngeal (NP) swab
2) Instant COVID-19 “Coronavirus” Screening Test
Clients approved for admission to Pure Recovery California will be proactively tested with both the Nasal Swap (NP) test and the Instant COVID-19 Screening Test when available.
The Nasal Swab test is:
- Highly sensitive and specific.
- Confirm rapid-flu & covid-19 test results.
- 48 hour turnaround time.
- The testing method is performed according to SOP: LT-ID-104 COVID-19 Testing.
- The DNA extraction will be performed according to SOP: LT-ID-104 King Fisher SOP.
The Instant COVID-19 “Coronavirus" Screening Test
- Conducted by taking a small finger-prick blood sample,
- Placing it in the center well of the cassette
- Adding two drops of the buffer to the buffer well labeled “B.”
- Results should appear in 3 minutes
- Private Bedrooms For All Clients
- Social Distancing
- Hand Washing
- Intensified & Frequent Cleaning
- Exercise Outings Only Where Social Distancing Is Possible
- No Outside Visitors
- Telehealth Therapy
- Telehealth Medical Consultations